Mike is an MBA graduate of Manchester Business School. He is an ex director of both Pricewaterhouse Coopers, Centre of Retail Excellence in Utrecht, Holland and KPMG, the latter role as Head of Retail in the UK’s BAS Division.
During the Nineties he led consultancy projects from Moscow to New York, mainly in the retail and FMCG sectors.
Prior to these roles, Mike wrote for several years for the Financial Times in London, where he authored reports on commercial, consumer and healthcare issues whilst a freelance consultant to the UK Government’s Department of Trade and Industry. Specifically, he authored two top-selling FT reports on Convenience Retailing and Franchising for Global Expansion.
In late 2015, Mike was invited to Paris by the French Government to discuss the opportunities for the French bookshop industry to stave off mass bankruptcy in the wake of the Amazon onslaught. http://bit.ly/1jhmkmM
He has just completed the analysis and turnaround marketing plan and strategy for a mid-size chain of DIY stores. Some other relevant retail work:
- Category management at Sainsbury’s
- Turnaround strategy for Cotswold Outdoor
- Advisory work for the French Government on how to defeat Amazon
- Award winning regional manager with B&Q
- Supply chain analysis for Bon Marche fashions
- Branding for American Tools, Copenhagen
- Brand sales training for K2 Skis of the USA